The only FDA-cleared enzyme product to
Break down fats in enteral formula
Clinical experts on using RELiZORB
Nutrition support from the outside in
What makes RELiZORB different?
RELiZORB is now cleared for use in pediatric patients as young as 2 years old
RELiZORB Hydrolyzes Fats Prior to Ingestion
RELiZORB is a digestive enzyme cartridge that contains iLipase® and connects in-line with enteral feeding systems. Lipase is covalently bound to the small white beads inside the cartridge. The lipase-bead complex, iLipase, is retained within the RELiZORB cartridge during use by two filters. As the enteral formula flows through, the iLipase hydroylzes the fats in the formula into an absorbable form (fatty acids and monoglycerides) for your patient.
RELiZORB is proven to hydrolyze available fats, including medium-chain triglycerides (MCTs) and long-chain triglycerides (LCTs).1
- LCTs are complex and contain essential fatty acids2
- Compared to MCTs, LCTs are harder to hydrolyze but provide ~10% more calories2
- RELiZORB is intended to provide continuous fat hydrolysis during enteral feeding
Please see list of compatible formulas.
- Freedman S. Options for Addressing Exocrine Pancreatic Insufficiency in Patients Receiving Enteral Nutrition Supplementation. Am J Manag Care. 2017 Jul;23(12 Suppl):S220-S228.
- Shah ND, Limketkai BN. The Use of Medium-Chain Triglycerides in Gastrointestinal Disorders. Practical Gastroenterology. 2017 Feb;41(2):20-28.