83% risk reduction of developing new organ failures
BMI=body mass index.
ICU=intensive care unit.
1. Blaauw R. Malabsorption: causes, consequences, diagnosis and treatment. S Afr J Clin Nutr. 2011;24(3):125-127.
2. Bodnar R, Kadar L, Holics K, et al. Factors influencing quality of life and disease severity in Hungarian children and young adults with cystic fibrosis. Ital J Pediatr. 2014;2:40-50.
3. Martin JM, Stapleton RD. Omega-3 fatty acids in critical illness. Nutr Rev. 2010;68(9):531-541.
4. Mayo Clinic Website. Cystic fibrosis: symptoms and causes. http://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-conditions/cystic-fibrosis/symptoms-causes/dxc-20211893. Accessed October 16, 2017.
5. Kalnins D, Wilschanski M. Maintenance of nutritional status in patients with cystic fibrosis: new and emerging therapies. Drug Des Devel Ther. 2012;6:151-161.
6. Dominguez-Munoz JE. Pancreatic exocrine insufficiency: diagnosis and treatment. J Gastroenterol Hepatol. 2011;26(Suppl 2):12-16.