Step-by-step instructions on setting up and using RELiZORB with an enteral tube feeding set
RELiZORB setup for single or tandem use
- For volumes up to 500 mL, connect 1 RELiZORB cartridge to the end of the primed feeding pump tubing set. For volumes greater than 500 mL and up to 1000 mL, connect 2 RELiZORB cartridges in a tandem configuration, then connect to the end of the primed feeding pump tubing set. Up to 2 RELiZORB cartridges can be used in a day (24-hour period).
- Connect RELiZORB outlet to the patient extension set or enteral feeding tube and manually prime through the device(s).
- If using a patient extension set, prime the feeding formula to the end of the patient extension set, and connect to the feeding port (button).
- Set the pump to the prescribed flow rate. Proceed with feeding.
Single RELiZORB setup for volumes up to 500 mL
Tandem RELiZORB setup for volumes 500-1000 mL
- Medicines and saline flushes may only be added to the enteral feed line after RELiZORB. They may be added to the side port of a Y-Connector extension set located between RELiZORB and the patient (see image above)
- Examine the RELiZORB pouch. Do not use the RELiZORB if:
- The pouch seal is broken
- The current date is past the expiration date shown on the pouch
- Do not use the RELiZORB cartridge if:
- The RELiZORB is damaged
- The RELiZORB has been previously used
- When feeding is complete, disconnect the RELiZORB from the patient extension set or enteral feeding tube and enteral feeding pump tubing set. Throw away the RELiZORB after use in your trash
For detailed setup instructions, please see the RELiZORB Instructions for Use.
What is ENFit? A safety standard in enteral connectors
ENFit is an enteral-specific connector designed to help reduce the risk of enteral tube feeding misconnections and improve patient safety. The ENFit connector helps ensure that connectors do not connect to ports other than ENFit compatible tube feeding connectors. Download the RELiZORB ENFit Transition Brochure to see if your extension set is ENFit-compatible.