See how Trenton has made RELiZORB a part of his enteral feeding routine
RELiZORB is the only enzyme product designed to break down fats in enteral formula
Get more from your enteral formula
- RELiZORB is proven to break down most available fats* during tube feeding1
- RELiZORB can help increase your levels of important omega-3 fatty acids
- RELiZORB can help reduce the amount of time you experience bothersome events like abdominal pain, bloating, constipation, and diarrhea1,2
*Greater than 90% of available fats hydrolyzed in most enteral formulas tested, including Nutren 1.5, Impact Peptide 1.5, Peptamen 1.5, Peptamen AF, and Nutren 1.0. Percentage of fat hydrolysis is estimated based on label claim for content, calculated using 500 mL of formula with a pump rate of 120 mL/hr. Please see additional details in the Instructions for Use.
How RELiZORB works
Your doctor may prescribe RELiZORB for you if your body needs help breaking down (digesting) fats from your enteral tube feeding formula. RELiZORB is a digestive enzyme cartridge that contains the enzyme lipase. RELiZORB is used with enteral feeding to help break down the fats. Lipases are enzymes that are normally made in the body to break down (digest) fats (trigyclerides) into an absorbable form (fatty acids and monoglycerides). The lipase enzyme used in RELiZORB is attached to the white beads (iLipase), which are visible through the side of the cartridge.
RELiZORB connects directly to your feeding tube
Inside the RELiZORB cartridge is a digestive enzyme called lipase, which is attached to the small white beads that you can see through the clear cartridge.
As the enteral tube feeding formula passes through the RELiZORB cartridge, it makes contact with the lipase-enzyme bead combination (called iLipase), and the fat in the formula is broken down to an absorbable form (called fatty acids and monoglycerides).
Fats in their absorbable form (fatty acids and monoglycerides) leave the RELiZORB cartridge and enter your body, while the iLipase remains in the cartridge.
The digestive enzyme lipase is attached to polymeric microbead carriers and is stored within the RELiZORB cartridge without being ingested.
The only FDA-cleared enzyme product to break down fats in enteral formula
- Freedman S, Orenstein D, Black P, et al. Increased fat absorption from enteral formula through an in-line digestive cartridge in patients with cystic fibrosis. J Pediatr Gastroenterol Nutr. 2017;65(1):97-101.
- Stevens J, Wyatt C, Brown P, Patel D, Grujic D, Freedman SD. Absorption and Safety with Sustained Use of RELiZORB Evaluation (ASSURE) study in patients with cystic fibrosis receiving enteral feeding. J Pediatr Gastroenterol Nutr. 2018;Oct;67(4):527-532.